- Grant Community High School
Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony Information
The graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2021 will take place on Sunday, May 23, outside on the Paul G. Lewis stadium field turf at Grant Community High School. There will be two graduation ceremonies for graduates to choose between held at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. With graduation rapidly approaching, we would like to provide you with important dates and information surrounding the big day.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION PRIOR TO GRADUATION DAY
- There will be two graduation ceremonies for graduates to choose between held at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 23. A survey will be sent to seniors and guardians of seniors on April 12 requesting information on attendance at graduation and the preferred graduation ceremony. To participate in a graduation ceremony, a response is required.
- Due to limited stadium seating, each graduate is permitted four (4) graduation ceremony tickets. Tickets are required for entry to the ceremony. Tickets will not be reissued in the event of loss.
- If financial obligations are met, graduates may pick up their tickets, cap, gown and tassel during lunch hours in the senior café during the week of May 3. Students are required to sign a confirmation of pickup for their graduation items. For seniors who are early graduates, fully remote, or are unable to be on campus that week, there will be extra pick-up days on Wednesday, May 12th and Wednesday, May 19th in the Front Office. Pickup hours will be from 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Financial obligations may be paid with cash or check in the main office during normal business hours, or with a credit card online via the school website www.grantbulldogs.org. You can check your fees on Skyward Family Access or contact the main office at 847-587-2561.
- The last day of required, all-student attendance is May 17, 2021. Bridge days for seniors not meeting exemption criteria will take place on Tuesday, May 18, and Wednesday, May 19. Additional, end of semester information is posted on the Grant website.
- All graduation requirements must be met by Wednesday, May 19 at 3:10 p.m. in order for your student to participate in the ceremony. Contact individual teachers or Student Services for questions about your student’s academic status.
- Due to COVID-19 precautions, there will be no graduation practice.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GRADUATION DAY
- Graduates participating in the ceremony must arrive with their cap, tassel, gown, and mask and meet in the Field House 45 minutes prior to their assigned graduation ceremony.
- In order to participate in the ceremony, appropriate attire is required, such as: collared shirt (tie preferred), long pants (no jeans or shorts), dress shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, gym or running shoes), nice dress preferred or dress slacks. High heels are not recommended, as the ceremony will take place on the field turf.
- Students will not be allowed to wear a decorated cap at graduation.
- General parking will be available on a first come, first serve basis on the north and south side of the school.
- Handicap parking will be accessible on the west side of Devlin Road.
- Handicap seating will be available for the ceremony.
- Live streaming of the graduation ceremony will be available through Grant’s homepage. Please check www.grantbulldogs.org the week of May 17 for details.
If you have any questions regarding the activities and events for our graduates during the last week of school, please feel free to call Ms. Martin at 847-973-3417.