- Grant Community High School
Advanced Placement Testing Registration
Taking the AP exam that will be administered later this spring is an important part of all AP courses. This test is a standardized test by the College Board administered across the nation and serves as a benchmark in recognizing your student’s ability. With a successful score, college credit or advanced placement may be earned at various colleges through this examination. The examination fee is less than the college tuition for taking this same course. We encourage all students enrolled in AP courses to take these exams. This year the exam registration process will take place this fall for year long or first semester courses and there is a two-part process. First, students will sign up for the AP exam through their myap.collegeboard.org account. Once a student indicates that he or she is taking the test, parents would go to our RevTrak system to pay for the exam(s). Full explanations for these steps are on the next page. The total cost for taking each AP exam is $94.00. Payments are made in two parts: Pre-Registration Fee of $40.00 and Balance Payment of $54.00. These can both be completed at one time. The College Board and the State of Illinois also offer programs to subsidize fees for students who receive free or reduced lunch. If this is the case, the exam fee is $53.00 per exam. If your student receives free or reduced lunch and is paying the reduced exam fee, please contact Mrs. Trevithick in our Student Services Office or via phone at 847-973-3705. It is not our desire that the lack of finances prohibits a qualified student from taking AP exams. We will certainly work with individual students and families to make sure every qualified student is able to take Advanced Placement exams.
Important Deadlines for AP Exam Registrations for Year-Long or Semester One Courses:
- Friday, November 1st, 2019: Students must have indicated they are taking the exam on their myap.collegeboard.org account and the $40.00 Pre-Registration Fee must be paid.
- Friday, November 8th, 2019: AP teachers will verify with all students that exam registration is accurate in the system and pre-registration fees have been paid.
- Friday, November 15th, 2019: AP Exam registration is finalized. Any exam registrations that do not have the $40.00 Pre-Registration Fee paid by then will be canceled.
- Saturday, November 16th, 2019: Late registration fees or test cancellation fees go into effect. If students sign up for a year-long or first semester course AP exam on this date or after, an additional $40.00 late fee will be incurred. If a students decides to cancel an exam on this date or after, the student forfeits the $40.00 Pre-Registration Fee.
- Friday, February 28th, 2020: All exams must have the $54.00 Balance Payment paid or the exam will be canceled and the student will forfeit the $40.00 Pre-Registration Fee.
- Second semester AP courses will have a different set of deadlines and will be notified at the beginning of second semester.
Please feel free to contact your student’s teacher or Mr. Urbaniak, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment, if
you have any questions regarding the Advanced Placement program. On behalf of our faculty and administration, we
would like to wish all of our students good luck as they continue to prepare for these important exams.