- Grant Community High School
Advanced Placement Testing Registration
Taking the Advanced Placement (AP) exam that will be administered later this spring is an important part of all AP courses. This test is a standardized test created by College Board that is administered across the nation and serves as a benchmark in recognizing your student’s ability. With a successful score, college credit or advanced placement may be earned at various colleges through this examination. The examination fee is less than the college tuition for taking this same course. We encourage all students enrolled in AP courses to take these exams.
The exam registration process will take place this fall for year-long or first semester one courses and there is a two-part process. First, students will sign up for the AP exam through their myap.collegeboard.org account. Once a student indicates that he or she is taking the test, parents will go to our RevTrak system to pay for the exam(s). The RevTrak system will be available for payments beginning October 8, 2021. The total cost for taking each AP exam is $96.00. Payments are made in two parts: Pre-Registration Fee of $40.00 and Balance Payment of $56.00. These can both be completed at one time. College Board and the State of Illinois also offer programs to subsidize fees for students who receive free or reduced lunch. If this is the case, the fee is $62.00 per exam. If your student receives free or reduced lunch and is paying the reduced exam fee, please contact Mrs. Trevithick (firstname.lastname@example.org) in our Student Services Office or via phone at 847-973-3705. We understand that not everyone is in the same financial situation and that it may be difficult to pay for the AP exams your student is able to take. If this is the case, please reach out so that we can work with your student and family to ensure that every qualified student is able to take their AP exams.
Important Deadlines for AP Exam Registrations for Year-Long or Semester One Courses
- Friday, November 5, 2021: Students must have indicated they are taking the exam on their myap.collegeboard.org account and the $40.00 Pre-Registration Fee must be paid.
- Friday, November 12, 2021: AP teachers will verify with all students that exam registration is accurate in the system and pre-registration fees have been paid.
- Monday, November 15, 2021: AP Exam registration is finalized. Any exam registrations that do not have the $40.00 Pre-Registration Fee paid by then will be canceled.
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021: Late registration fees or test cancellation fees go into effect. If students sign up for a year-long or first semester course AP exam on this date or after, an additional $40.00 late fee will be incurred. If a student decides to cancel an exam on this date or after, the student forfeits the $40.00 Pre-Registration Fee.
- Friday, February 25, 2022: All exams must have the $56.00 Balance Payment paid or the exam will be canceled and the student will forfeit the $40.00 Pre-Registration Fee.
Second semester AP courses will have a different set of deadlines and will be notified at the beginning of the second semester. Please feel free to contact your student’s teacher or Dr. Noisey, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment, if you have any questions regarding the Advanced Placement program.
On behalf of our faculty and administration, we would like to wish all of our students good luck as they continue to prepare for these important exams.