- Grant Community High School
Return to Headlines
First Semester Final Exam Information
SCHEDULE & PROCEDURES 2018/19
- Students are required to stay in class until the end of each exam period.
- All students are expected to report to the commons during their free period.
- Seniors may be exempt from certain first and/or second semester final exams based upon the following requirements:
Performance on School-Wide SAT given in the spring prior to the Senior Year
- Students who met the college/career readiness benchmark of 480 on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing portions of the SAT are exempt from their English and Social Studies finals.
- Students who met the college/career readiness benchmark of 530 on the Mathematics portions of the SAT are exempt from their Math and Science finals.
- Students who met both of the college/career readiness benchmark scores are exempt from all finals.
Performance in Class
- If a senior has earned a cumulative grade of an A for the semester, he/she will be exempt from the semester exam for that semester.
- A senior may opt to take an exam for which he/she is exempt if needed to possibly raise the overall semester grade. Teachers cannot require a student who is exempt to take a final exam.
- Students do not have to arrive on campus until their first scheduled test for the day, if they provide their own transportation. Once on campus, students may not leave until their test day is complete.
- Morning buses will run on their regular pickup schedule. o Afternoon buses will run after the last exam each day.
- Activity buses will run on Final Exam Days. On Dec. 19 & 20 buses will run at 1:10 p.m. and 3:00 p.m., and on Dec. 21 buses will run at 10:50 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Special Education Information
- Students in special education study support are to attend their study support class.
- Students with IEP accommodations such as extended time or readers will be contacted by special education case managers. A schedule will be coordinated to accommodate these students.
- Coaches can begin practice with teams after the last scheduled final of the day (not including makeup exams). All practices must be completed by 5:00 p.m.
Breakfast/Lunches on Exam Days
- Breakfast will be served on Exam Days from 7:00 a.m. to 7:35 a.m.
- Lunches will not be served on exam days.
- Book checks will not be required for those classes that cover both first and second semester.
- Book returns for semester long classes – Please remind students of the following:
- Teachers teaching economics, psychology, sociology, mythology should arrange with Kelly Kauth for in-class pick-up prior to final exams.
- For scanning purposes, students must have their ID in their possession.
- The condition of books will be noted and appropriate charges will be applied to student accounts.
- Students may visit the Bookstore with their books to be returned anytime during the open book return hours on final examination days. The hours for students to return books are the following: Wednesday, December 19, Thursday, December 20 and Friday, December 21 from 7:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Questions regarding book returns should be directed to Kelly Kauth.