- Grant Community High School
2019 Graduation Information
The graduation ceremony for the Class of 2019 will take place on Sunday, May 19, in the Grant Community High School Field House beginning at 2:00 p.m. With graduation rapidly approaching we would like to provide you with important dates and information surrounding the big day.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION PRIOR TO GRADUATION DAY
- Due to limited seating in the Field House, each graduate is permitted six (6) graduation ceremony tickets. Tickets are required for entry to the ceremony. TICKETS WILL NOT BE REISSUED IN THE EVENT OF LOSS.
- If financial obligations are met, graduates may pick up their tickets, cap, gown and tassel during lunch hours in the senior café on Wednesday, April 24th. Students are required to sign a confirmation of pickup for their graduation items.
- Final Exams for seniors will take place on Tuesday, May 14, and Wednesday, May 15. As we approach exams a schedule will be posted on the school website.
- All graduation requirements must be met by Wednesday, May 15, in order for your student to participate in the ceremony. Contact individual teachers or Student Services for questions about your student’s academic status.
- Graduation practice will be held on Friday, May 17 at 2:00 p.m. in the East Gym. Students must be present at practice if participating in the graduation ceremony.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GRADUATION DAY
- Graduates participating in the ceremony must arrive with their cap, tassel and gown and meet in the East Gym promptly at 1:00 p.m.
- In order to participate in the ceremony appropriate attire is required, such as: Collared shirt (tie preferred), long pants (no jeans or shorts), dress shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, gym or running shoes), nice dress preferred or dress slacks.
- Students will not be allowed to wear a decorated cap at graduation.
- General parking will be available on a first come, first serve basis on the north and south side of the school.
- Handicap parking will be accessible on the west side of Devlin road.
- Handicap seating will be available for the ceremony.
- Live streaming of the graduation ceremony will be available through Grant’s homepage via YouTube Live. We will also be offering this live stream viewing in our Auditorium on a first come, first serve basis. Please check www.grantbulldogs.org the week of May 13 for details.
Financial obligations may be paid with cash or check in the main office during normal business hours or with a credit card online via the school website www.grantbulldogs.org. You can check your fees on Skyward Family Access or contact with the main office at 847-587-2561.
If you have any questions regarding the activities and events for our graduates during the last week of school, please feel free to call Mrs. Martin, my secretary, at 847-973-3417.
On behalf of our faculty and staff, please accept our congratulations for helping your student reach this milestone in their life.