Future Ready Vision
Vision for a Future Ready School
Back in 2016, Grant Community High School District 124 signed the Future Ready Schools Pledge. At that time, we committed to continuously create learner-centered environments as part of that pledge, which helps support our goal of the Bulldog Way to improve student achievement. Our vision as a Future Ready School is to develop students who are college, career, and life ready. Included as part of this vision and the Future Ready School pledge are the following:
- To provide rigorous academic content for all students to build life skills where curriculum, instruction, and assessment are tightly aligned with and designed to engage students in personalized, technology-empowered, deeper learning experiences.
- To empower students to lead and to take ownership over their growth and learning, which could include but is not limited to: digital learning communities, collaborative learning, better use of formative and self-assessments, and experiences that eliminate the confines of geography and time.
- To help families and students transition to anytime, anywhere learning where the school will create technology-enabled environments and maintain a laser focus on the effective educational use of technology.
Future Ready students are students who:
- learn anytime, anywhere.
- create meaningful projects and artifacts.
- collaborate with other learners and connect with experts without barriers.
- use feedback from peers and teachers for reflection and growth.
- learn seamlessly inside and outside of school.
- achieve mastery through perseverance.
- question, research, and solve problems that can have an impact beyond the classroom.
- think critically, create, and present their position to an authentic audience.
- respond thoughtfully, carefully, and respectfully to others, both in person and online.
- uncover and develop their own passions.
- cultivate empathy for others.
- act as productive, contributing (digital) citizens.
- understand that their work and actions are a reflection of them as an individual.